Using SWI-Prolog's semweb package, I had extracted all predicates in a RDF source, containing some 1 million triples, into the following list:
I found a nice introduction to the use of RDF in Prolog (SWI-Prolog). It contains short primers for both RDF and Prolog, so it should be accessible to anyone with a minimal programming background:
For my own documentation I went ahead and summarized all the steps I had to take
I now also managed to start blipkit from inside Eclipse.
The trick was to start the whole eclipse (The eclipse using for building Bioclipse) preceded with LD_PRELOAD=...the path to libjpl.so , and before that adding the paths to where libjava.so and libjvm.so are located.
Finally got blipkit started from java via jpl :)
In order to get the jpl java examples to work, LD_LIBRARY_PATH has to contain:
Now firing up blipkit works, when calling Java from commandline!!!
So, today I finally got the jpl (Java / Prolog API) up running inside Bioclipse, succeeding with compiling a simple test prolog program (The "test 0" in the "Test" example supplied with SWI-Prolog). Only talking to swi-prolog so far though, not blipkit. Starting blipkit includes loading prolog files etc. as specified in the blipkit startup script, so will have to study that in more detail.
EDIT: Se solution at the bottom of the page
I'm trying to set the java.library.path system setting for my Bioclipse manager/Eclipse plugin.
Normally, if running java from command line, this variable should be set like so (According to what I've googled up):
so I have tried to add the line
When trying to build swi-prolog packages from source, the xpce package complains:
JPL is a bi-directional Java/Prolog interface for SWI-Prolog, which I hope to be able to use for integrating Blipkit into Bioclipse, so I'm happy to have got it up running tonight. Below are some notes from the installation procedure.
NOTE: These are still rather incomplete notes about how to get this to work.