Reading the paper on the Bio2RDF database.
It contains something that I need, an overview of different techniques, databases and formats that are common in the semantic web community, but of which I know to few still.
Some useful abbreviations just learned (some I knew somewhat, but was not sure):
Formats / Languages
- RDF - Resource Description Framework
- OWL - Web Ontology Language
- LSID - Life Sciences ID
- Dublin core
- KEGG - Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes
Tools / Softwares
- Sesame - Open source triplestore
- Elmo - Open source RDF Crawler
- Protége (OWL Editor)
- Piggy Bank - Semantic web Firefox browser plugin